FOIA Electronic Reading Room
The Electronic Freedom of Information Act Amendments of 1996 (E-FOIA) requires agencies to make certain types of records, created by the agency on or after November 1, 1996, available electronically (Reading Room). Under E-FOIA, individuals can obtain electronic access to certain agency records without having to make a formal FOIA request (5 U.S.C. §552(a)(2) (2000)). By the same token, records required to be made publicly available pursuant to FOIA section (a)(2) ordinarily cannot be the subject of regular “FOIA requests.” (5 U.S.C. §552(a)(3)(A)).
The FSIS Reading Room contains documents specifically identified for inclusion by FOIA section (a)(2) and 7 CFR Subtitle A, Part 1, Section 1.4, and fall in the following four categories:
- Final opinions [and] . . . orders made in the adjudication of cases;
- Policy statements and adopted interpretation not published in Federal Register;
- Administrative staff manuals and instructions that affect the public; and
- Records that are frequently requested / of interest.
|Receive email notification when the Report of FOIA Requests is updated.|
The reports provide a listing of FSIS FOIA requests received during the designated one-month period.
- USDA Laws and Regulations
- FSIS Significant Guidance Documents
- Hazard Analysis and Pathogen Reduction
- Laboratory Guidebooks and Methods
- Reports for 2006 and later years are incorporated in USDA's annual FOIA reports.
- A to Z Index, FSIS Website
- Open Government Act – S.2488
- President Barack Obama’s FOIA Memorandum
- USDA FOIA Service Center
- USDA Privacy Act Regulations
- USDA System of Records Notices
- U.S. Department of Justice Guide to the Freedom of Information Act
Short URL for this page: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/fsis_electronic_reading_room