|Export Requirements for Venezuela
VE-16 (Jan 31, 2013)
indicate the most recent revision to these requirements. To search, click on your
browser's "Edit" menu, then click on "Find (on this page)".
Enter "*" in the "Find What" field, then click "Find"
or "Find Next" until all asterisks have been identified.
- Pork is eligible to export to Venezuela.
- Cooked poultry products.
- Natural pork casings.
- Ruminant meat and ruminant meat products.
Cooked poultry products - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5 Export Certificate of
Wholesomeness. The following statements must be included in the "Remarks"
section of FSIS Form 9060-5:
- Pork and Pork Products
- Obtain FSIS Form 9060-5 Export Certificate of Wholesomeness
- The following statements must be included in the "Remarks" section of FSIS
- The meat was derived from animals that were born and raised in the
United States or Canada;
- The meat was received from slaughter and processing of clinically
healthy swine, which originated from premises and localities free from
infectious animal diseases, including swine vesicular disease and African
swine fever; and
- The meat comes from establishments or pork herds submitted under
official control, in which in the last 24 months, trichinosis cases
have not been detected or the product was submitted to freezing
according to USDA 9 CFR 318.10 (c)(2), which guarantees the destruction
of the parasite.
Note (for information-this is not a required statement): The term
"infectious animal diseases" means that, at the time of slaughter, the
animals were not under official quarantine or any other State or
Federal restriction due to disease and passed antemortem and postmortem
- In addition to the above statements which are required for pork meat,
exporters or their agents must provide the following certification on
- The meat is shipped in refrigerated containers that guarantee its
- The containers were washed and disinfected using products approved
by the exporting country.
Note: This certificate is not signed by FSIS personnel. However,
it must include the MP number from the FSIS 9060-5 for identification
with a particular shipment.
"Cooked poultry product was cooked, reaching an internal temperature of
not less than 68° C (155° F)."
Animal Casings - Obtain FSIS Form 9060-18 (08/25/2011), Animal Casings Export Certificate
for Countries Requiring Ante-Mortem, Post-Mortem, and Sound and Clean
The importer must obtain a health import permit from the Ministry of
Agriculture and Livestock, Animal Health and Industry Administration.
Plants Eligible to Export
All Federally inspected meat and poultry plants are eligible to export to Venezuela.
VE-16 (Jan 31, 2013)