SAFETY ADVICE FOR FOODS
AND UTENSILS AFFECTED BY FLOODING
All Canned Foods!
- Store bought canned goods.
- Home canned foods.
- Preserves sealed with paraffin.
- Opened and unopened jars with waxed cardboard seals such as mayonnaise and salad dressing.
All foods in:
- Cardboard boxes, paper, foil, cellophane or cloth.
All spices, seasonings, extracts, flour, sugar, grain, coffee and other staples in canisters.
All meat, poultry, eggs or fish.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Wooden cutting boards
- Plastic utensils
- Baby bottle nipples and pacifiers.
Canned foods that did not come into contact with flood waters.
- Metal pans
- Ceramic dishes
- Metal utensils
(Wash with hot soapy water and sanitizing by boiling in clean water or by immersing
for 15 minutes in a solution of one teaspoon of chlorine bleach per quart of water)