||All FSIS employees
||Non Bargaining Unit FSIS employees
(Excluded from PHHRS are: Senior Executive Service (SES), Senior Level (SL),
Federal Wage System (WG), Schedule C, and bargaining unit employees
- Jobs are classified at one of 15 Grades. There are 10 steps in each grade.
- Occupations are grouped into 4 broad career paths.
- Pay bands replace the 15 grades and 10 steps.
|Performance Pay at Top of Pay Band
||No Pay Increases above step 10
||Performance Pay at Top of Pay Band
- Salary increases of up to 5% are distributed to recognize employees with "outstanding" performance ratings who are at the top of their pay band.
- Employees with "superior" or "fully successful" ratings who are at the top of their pay band will receive lump sum payments instead of a pay increase.
||Annual General Increase (AGI)
- Automatic pay increase granted to all employees in January of each year based on labor market factors.
|Annual General Increase (AGI)
- Only granted to employees with a "fully successful" performance rating or higher. Paid out as a part of the annual performance pay increase in January.
||Annual Locality Pay Increase
- Automatically granted to all employees
|Annual Locality Pay Increase
- Only granted to employees with a "fully successful" performance rating or higher.
||Within Grade Increase (WGI)
- Automatic step increase granted to employees with supervisory certification of at least fully successful performance.
- Waiting periods can be 1, 2, or 3 years.
Quality Step Increase (QSI)
- QSI's may be given only to employees with an outstanding rating.
|Annual Performance Pay Increase
- There are no Within Grade Increases (WGI's) and therefore no waiting periods.
- Annual salary increases are tied to performance and are granted to all employees with a "fully successful" performance rating or higher
- Pay pools are used to distribute shares.
- Pay increases are allocated in January of each year.
Quality Step Increase (QSI's)
- QSI's eliminated. Employees with outstanding ratings receive the largest annual performance pay increase. Those with superior or fully successful ratings also receive performance pay increases.
||Special Act or Service Award Performance Award
||Special Act or Service Award - No Change
Performance Award - No Change
|Increases for Employees in Career Ladder/Developmental Jobs
||Developmental Pay Increases
- Not available under GS system
|Developmental Pay Increase
- Employees in developmental positions who receive a rating of "fully successful" or higher may be given up to a 7% pay increase within their pay band to recognize faster than normal progress.
- Employees are eligible to be considered for a developmental pay increase following the mid-year progress review.
|Performance Appraisal System
||5 Rating Levels
- Fully Successful
|5 Rating Levels - No Change
- Fully Successful
||Premium Pay - No change
- Pay must be set at step 1 of a grade.
- Superior qualifications can be approved for exceptional skills.
- Pay can be set at appointment anywhere in the pay band, based on qualifications and labor market factors.
- Movement to a higher grade.
- Promotions equate to approximately a 6% increase in pay, unless a higher percentage is needed to reach the minimum of the next grade.
- Movement to a higher pay band in the same career path or a band in another career path with a higher maximum rate of basic pay.
- Promotions will be at least an 8% increase in pay unless a higher percentage is needed to reach the minimum of the next band.
|Merit System/Due Process
||Merit System Principles
Prohibited personnel actions
Administrative Grievance Procedures
|Merit System Principles - No Change
Prohibited personnel actions - No Change
Whistleblower protections - No Change
Anti-discrimination laws - No Change
Administrative Grievance Procedures - Change. See reconsideration procedures below.
Reconsideration Procedures - This process will be used (instead of the Administrative
Grievance Process) in situations where employees would like to request reconsideration of their
rating of record by someone other than their rating official.
||Veterans' Preference Principles
||Veterans' Preference Principles - No Change
||Health, Life, TSP, etc.
||Health, Life, TSP, etc. - No Change
CSRS - No Change
FERS - No Change
||Annual, Sick, LWOP, etc.
5/4/9, Maxiflex, 8 hour, etc.
|Annual, Sick, LWOP, etc. - No Change
5/4/9, Maxiflex, 8 hour, etc. - No Change