Extending USDAís Meat and
Poultry Inspection Program to
Inspection Methods Standing
|National Advisory Committee on
Meat and Poultry Inspection
- Due to public health risks, we are in favor of mandatory inspection
of non-amenable species (non-amenable have the same public health risks
as amenable species).
- Species to be made amenable must meet criteria outlined in Dr.
- Have Dr. Post amend his document with more detail: addressing the
need for public health data and microbiological testing, considering
budgetary concerns, and assuring accessibility of product in interstate
and international commerce.
- Will non-amenable species be allowed to use nitrites upon becoming
amenable? Nitrites issue to be addressed and resolved before next
- Dr. Post will report back on progress on paperís completion at next
- Dr. Post anticipates the paperís completion in a yearís time.