U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
FOOD SAFETY AND INSPECTION SERVICE
- Love's Country Stores Fully Cooked BEEF STICK Snack Sticks
- Love's Country Stores Fully Cooked SUMMER SAUSAGE Snack Sausage
2.5-oz packages, 2 per package
Problem/Reason for Recall:
Mislabeled -- Product name is correct, but printer got ingredient statements transposed on labels. All beef BEEF STICK has an ingredient statement listing pork, while beef and pork SUMMER SAUSAGE has an ingredient statement that doesn't list pork included in product.
Oklahoma compliance officer discovered discrepancy between product name and ingredient statement at one of the stores.
Robertson's Hams, Inc.
Clay Robertson, 580-276-3395
707 lbs. SUMMER SAUSAGE, 637 lbs. BEEF STICK
Love's Country Stores in southwest states: 89 stores in 5 states: Arizona, Arkansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas
Recall Notification Level:
To consumer level
July 9, 1998, FSIS press release FSIS-98-RC-09
Direct Notification Means:
Company contacted Love's corporate, which is contacting the individual stores.
FSIS Followup Activities:
Other Agencies Involved:
- District Enforcement Operations: (202) 418-8872
- Emergency Response: (202) 501-7521
- Media Inquiries: (202) 720-9113
- Congressional Inquiries: (202) 720-3897
- Consumer Inquiries: (800) 535-4555
- Web Site: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/ (FSIS Main Page) or
http://www.fsis.usda.gov/oa/recalls/rec_intr.htm (Recall Information Center)
Date of Recall Meeting:
July 9, 1998
Recall Case Number: