|Recall Notification Report 018-2005 |
Various Sausage Products
Production Dates/Identifying Codes:
Produced March 10, 2005. Products subject to recall include:
- 1 lb. packages of "ROGER WOOD Preferred Recipe, BEEF Smoked Sausage."
- 2.5 lb. packages of "ROGER WOOD, GREAT GRILLERS, smoked sausage, made with chicken, turkey, pork and beef."
- 5 lb. packages of "ROGER WOOD, FAMILY PAK, Chicken, Pork and Beef Wieners."
- 3 lb. packages of "ROGER WOOD, FAMILY PAK, Chicken, Pork and Beef Wieners."
- 4. lb. packages of "ROGER WOOD, FAMILY PAK, Chicken, Pork and Beef Wieners."
Each of the products bear one of the following establishment codes "EST. 8025" or "P-8025" inside the USDA mark of inspection. Each label will also bear the "Sell By 5/13/2005."
Problem/Reason for Recall:
The product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
A sample taken by the Georgia Department of Agriculture tested positive for Listeria monocytogenes.
The results were reported to FSIS on April 11, 2005.
Roger Wood Foods, Inc.
7 Alfred Street
Savannah, GA 31042
Mary Ann King, Sales Coordinator, (912) 964-6335
Kevon Ledgerwood, Chief Operating Officer, (912) 964-6335
Approximately 10,700 pounds
Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina
Recall Notification Level:
Georgia Firm Recalls Sausage Products for Possible Listeria Contamination
Direct Notification Means:
The firm has notified its customers verbally and will do so in writing.
FSIS Follow-up Activities:
Effectiveness checks by the FSIS, Office of Field Operations (OFO).
Other Agencies Involved:
Georgia Department of Agriculture
- FSIS Recall Coordinator: (404) 562-5900
- Consumer Inquiries: 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854); TTY, 1-800-256-7072
- Media Inquiries: (202) 720-9113
- Congressional Inquiries: (202) 720-3897
- Recall Management: (202) 690-6389
- Web Site: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FSIS_Recalls/ (Recall Information)
Date of Recall Meeting:
April 11, 2005
Recall Case Number: