|Recall Notification Report 004-2005 |
|Product(s) Recalled: |
Production Dates/Identifying Codes:
Produced 8/10/2004 and 12/5/2004. The products subject to recall are:
All products bear the establishment number "P-787" inside the USDA seal of inspection.
- 48 oz. boxes of "EMPIRE KOSHER, Fully Cooked, BUFFALO STYLE WINGS, CHICKEN WINGS COATED IN SAUCE." The package also bears the date code "1444."
- 28 oz. boxes of "EMPIRE KOSHER, FULLY COOKED, BREADED, FRIED CHICKEN, 6 TO 9 ASSORTED PIECES." The package also bears the date code "0274."
Problem/Reason for Recall:
The products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Third party lab results reported positive results for Listeria monocytogenes.
Schreiber Processing Corp.
56-20 59th St.
Maspeth, NY 11378
Shlomi Pilo, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, (718) 894-2000
Sam Hollander, CEO, (718) 894-2000
Approximately 5,760 pounds
California, Connecticut, Illinois, Ohio, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia
Recall Notification Level:
New York Firm Recalls Chicken Products for Possible Listeria Contamination
Direct Notification Means:
The firm has notified its customers verbally and will do so in writing.
FSIS Follow-up Activities:
Effectiveness checks by the FSIS, Office of Field Operations (OFO).
Other Agencies Involved:
Date of Recall Meeting:
- Compliance/Recall Coordinator: (518) 452-6870
- Consumer Inquiries: 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854); TTY,
- Media Inquiries: (202) 720-9113
- Congressional Inquiries: (202) 720-3897
- Recall Management: (202) 690-6389
- Web Site:
http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FSIS_Recalls/ (Recall Information)
January 31, 2005
Recall Case Number: